The Chicago Integrative Eczema Center is a resource for patients and families with atopic dermatitis (eczema) seeking a more holistic approach to care. It emphasizes natural therapies, Traditional Chinese Medicine, and Acupuncture/Acupressure in addition to trusted Western medical treatments, bringing the best of many worlds together for optimal care.
Visit the website at www.chicagoeczema.com
The Center provides:
- Patient care
- A patient and family support group
- Opportunities to participate in cutting-edge research related to understanding the causes and treatment of eczema.
- Hands-on teaching sessions on skin care techniques and learning stations with information and handouts
- Lectures about the causes and treatment of eczema from practitioners of standard medical and alternative therapies
- Review of new research findings
- Question and answer sessions
Appointments with Peter Lio, MD and Ryan Lombardo, DAOM (Doctor of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine), L.Ac. (Licensed Acupuncturist), who work closely with allergists, dietitians, hypnotherapists and psychologists